Wednesday 18 November 2015

Dominant and Alternative Representations: America

Alternative Representation of America

  

The reason why I have chosen these images is because they link to the negative and alternative representations of America such as conspiracies i.e. the illuminati. America is also often linked to gun crimes, gang crimes and racism, which is why I have selected images of gangs and protests. I also chose to post the confederate flag as it links to the recent event of it being banned due to its links with the slave trade. I have chosen to add images of McDonalds because it links to the current obesity crisis of America. An image of a man drinking oil links to the idea of America taking advantage of countries for their oil, and the image of factories links to the environmental issues of America.

Dominant representation of America



The reason to why I have chosen these images for the dominant representation of America is because these locations i.e. Hollywood were the first things that came into my head. The american dream is also one of the major periods of America which have shaped it to how it is today. America is also known for its freedom and happiness, and its continuing financial growth which I have shown through my collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment